You attend numerous presentations and meetings a year–filled with the typical dense and disorganized PowerPoint decks–and leave most of them thinking, “Well, that’s an hour of my life I’ll never get back.” But out of this sea of mediocrity, a rare few rise up, captivating you and driving you to action. What makes these few so special?
Despite what most people think, it’s not because they were delivered well. It’s because they were crafted in a way that deeply aligned with how your brain wants to consume information. The presentations that failed did so precisely because they violated the largely unknown “natural laws” that govern how people actually learn.
In The Compelling Communicator, you will learn a proven process for designing presentations that touch your audience in a highly impactful way, motivating them to take your desired action by:
- Building around a small number of powerful ideas
- Keeping content within the audience’s “brain bandwidth”
- Developing logical narrative structure
- Anchoring communication in the listener’s priorities
- Creating “mind-sticky” storytelling and visuals
- Crafting handouts that allow your presentation to live on after the handshakes
Filled with examples of exceptional–and not so exceptional–presentations, along with clear explanations of why they do and don’t work, this comprehensive guidebook provides every tool you need to become a standout presenter whose message is certain to leave a powerful, lasting impression.